Monday, February 28, 2011

We're Moving!

The last few months I've been pretty MIA...blogwise. One of these days I'll figure out how to blog and navigate life's twists and turns at the same time. Pretty much everyone knows by now, but we are officially moving back to the great state of Oklahoma. (Okay, I know the Eiffel Tower pic has nothing to do with this post...I just like it.)

LA will always hold a special place in our hearts. We've had some serious fun here, made amazing friends and been a part of some huge projects (I'll tell you more about them as they come out.) The thing is no matter how much fun there is to be had, it will never replace the ones you love and no amount of calling, texting, emailing or skyping can change that.

Around October/November we started talking about how we might want to move back, should the right jobs fall in to place. In December I found a job online that looked like it would be fun and right up my alley. Craft designing. For a huge corporation with stores all over the US. I thought it would be a long shot, but I went ahead and sent in some samples. To my surprise they wanted to see more. I sent in even more and a week later got a call to interview. I've never felt more relaxed about an interview in my life (I took it as a good sign) and really enjoyed getting to show them my creations in person. 

After the interview, I left feeling confident and at peace with the way things had gone. If it was meant to be, it would be...

It was meant to be. :)

I actually got to start working right away and have loved every minute of it. I've never had a day of work go by faster. I'm creating all day, learning new techniques and having a blast. 

As bittersweet as this change is, and it is bittersweet, I know it's what God has planned for us, and there is great comfort in that.

2 comments:

  1. OKLAHOMA!!! What a great opportunity. There's no wrong place to be in the world. I'm glad you'll be near your community again. And, hopefully I'll see you the next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. It's so hard for me to remember that sometimes. And yes, I must see you next time you blow through. I'm loving reading all about your life in Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...