Monday, October 18, 2010

DIY: Photo Booth Fun

 A few weeks ago I got to help plan a birthday party for my younger cousin, Honor (on the left.) She turned 10 on 10-10-10. How cool is that?! She also wanted to have an art themed party. What a fun girl.

One of the ideas I thought would be great to incorporate into the party was an old timey photo booth. It tied in with the art party perfectly and let the girls show off their unique personalities. You should try at your next gathering, it will definitely be a hit. Here's what you need:

-Camera
-Sheet or a blank wall
-Props
-Balloons (or anything to keep your subject in place...these were handy for keeping the girls in frame)
-Sense of humor

And here's a few highlights from the evening:
We picked up fun and silly props for the girls to dress up in. Now's a great time to grab them up because there is a ton of great stuff around Halloween.
Look how much fun they're having in this picure! So cute. Honor brought in each of her guests one at a time to have a mini silly photo shoot.
Who would have guessed this cheap little "Bang!" gun would have been the favorite prop. I pretty much had to wrestle it out of her hot little hands to get a variety of shots. Glad she liked it so much and this pic so adequately captures her personality.
Hilarious.
We had to get in on the fun too. From top to bottom: My parents, my aunt and uncle (Honor's parents,) my parents and me, and aunt and uncle again.
Of the nearly hundred pictures I took, the most priceless one to come out of the bunch is the one of our Nana and Papa. I know this will be something I cherish for the rest of my life. Just perfect.
This was just one aspect of the evening. I have a ton of more pictures of this very special party to come and I can't wait to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...