Friday, September 24, 2010

Fix it Friday: Stuffed Tomaters

Yum. That's all I can say. These were made up on a whim and turned out so good! I'm not sure what kind of tomatoes these would be, they were like cherry ones, only bigger. Not quite plum sized either. Doesn't matter, they were delicious. 

Last night I wanted to make a side to go with our pasta so I had this plan to stuff big tomatoes with chunks of chicken, peppers and feta cheese. Didn't quite happen.

You see I'm nearing the end of the groceries and this is actually when I get most creative. Tim Gunn, "Make it work" kinda thing if you will.

So this is what I had. Tiny tomatoes, chicken, frozen red and yellow bell peppers and whipped cream cheese. Doable.

I diced my chicken and peppers and began cooking them up in a skillet. And it didn't take me long to realize there was no way I would be able to stuff them into the itty bitty tomatoes. Oh, and I scooped the tomato seeds with a pairing knife and melon baller. 

So back to my dilemma. How was I to pack all this flavor into those little gems? I'm going to say it, and you might be sick of it, but I can promised I'll keep saying it. Magic Bullet.

I put the chicken, peppers, cream cheese and Italian seasoning in the MB and pulsed it into a pate' of sorts and plopped it into a Ziploc baggy. Plopped, appetizing.

Then I cut of one of the corners so I could piped it into the tomatoes...kind of like icing. Does this sound weird? I promise it's amazing.

So fill them up with the mixture, I used my mini muffin pan so they wouldn't fall over in the oven. Sprinkle them with some more seasoning and put them in an oven at 300 for about 10 min. or so. I like to broil them for the last few minutes to get that pretty color.

 After that it's up to you. Serve them alone or as a side. They are truly scrumptious and we had zero leftovers. Happy stuffing!




2 comments:

  1. wow fancy pants! Can I be your wifey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing would make me happier! Sorry I didn't get to see you before you left! Be sure to send me your address in Africa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...