Sunday, September 26, 2010

DIY: Super Simple, Anthropologie Inspired Necklace

Get out your old T-shirts and your vintage play-pretties. This craft is crazy easy and silly gorgeous. You'll need: a t-shirt, pins (or any old jewelry,) and scissors.

Pick out your shirt. I picked a gray one, just because it'll go with a lot and I like the look of heather gray mixed with sparkle. Also, lay out all your pins and jewels. I collect new and vintage pins so this was a lot of fun. Shiny, shiny, shiny!


Lay your t-shirt flat and cut it straight across the chest, right under the arms. 


This is what it should look like. Ready? Here we go!


Following the last cut you made, start cutting strips about an inch or so wide and keep going till you're out of fabric. You should have lots and lots of strips.


This is the fun part. Take one of your loops and stretch it out so it curls around itself. This would be a really fun project for kids, very hard to screw up.


Pretty neat huh? Keep going.


Pick out your pin. This is the one I chose, my parents got this for me at a flea market in Albuquerque a few years ago. It's one of my faves.


Pin it to your loops. Mine were pretty long so I doubled them over. Play with it and find a length you like.


Here it is! All finished and ready to wear. I think this is going to look really great this fall, because it has scarf elements, but at the same time looks polished and festive. If you happen to try it, send me a picture so I can put it up and we can all "ooh" and "aah" over it!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Take pictures! Or come model it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is GENIUS and a super fantastic DIY project!
    have a BLAST with your mom at target- that place never fails:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...