Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trashy Tip: The Eyebrows Have It

 Eyebrows! Some of us have thick ones, some of us have very sparse ones...Whoopi Goldberg anyone? Regardless of what you have, you can make yours frame your face, and look majorly polished. 

Ever get home from a social event, go to take your make  up off and notice one of your caterpillars sticking straight up? It's kind of like the spinach in the teeth thing, your first thought is, "Oh my gosh how long did it look like that?!" and your second though is, "Why didn't my best friend tell me?!" Okay maybe it's just me, but I think eyebrows are very important and worth taking a few extra seconds in the morning to finish your look.

Trashy Tip for the rogue eyebrow: Hairspray. I am the queen of hairspray. A house without hairspray is like a house without running water for me. I don't feel "finished" in the morning unless my "do" has been gently dusted with it...although, my college roommates wouldn't call it a gentle dusting. Yes, I'm sticking my tongue out at you, and you know who you are.

Back to the tip! Spray the end of a Q-tip with hairspray and then rub it over your eyebrow to keep it perfectly perfect all day long. Trust me, this is a good one to remember. You can also do the same thing with clear mascara if you happen to have it around. 

So that's it. That's the trashy tip for this week. What? Want more? Okay here's a few more of my tips and tricks, feel free to add your own in the comments below!

-Pluck your brows outside in natural light. You'd be amazed what you miss, when you pluck indoors.
-Eyebrow pencils aren't just for those with thinning eyebrows. Use them to fill in sparse spots.
-Make sure your pencil is the same color as your actual eyebrows.
-Are they too blonde? Talk to your hairdresser about dyeing them a color that actually occurs in nature. (EDIT: Nothing wrong with blonde eyebrows, but if you must dye them try not to let them end up purple! :) )
-The tweezer that comes in the smallest version of the Swiss Army knife has been the best for plucking I've ever found.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my tip: Go to Tau at Nails so Happy, it hurts and you want to slap her in the face after she rips that wax strip off your eyebrow, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...