Friday, August 6, 2010

Fix It Friday: Shish Kebabs

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Shish kebabs! The summer staple I seem to always forget about. And I don't know why, because they are so fun, so easy and sooo good. I rekindled my love for them after spotting yellow cherry tomatoes at Trader Joes, and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with them.

Kebabs it was. When making these, it's easier to just make one marinade, but you know me, glutton for punishment, I had to make three (one for each ingredient.) So here's what I did:

Chicken: Rubbed with pre-chopped garlic, olive oil, dried basil and salt
Tomatoes: Olive oil and salt
Red Onions: Olive oil, brown sugar, garlic powder (trust me on the brown sugar, it's delicious!)

Then skewer those puppies! The package of the little sticks I bought recommended soaking them  in water for 20 minutes before grilling to keep them from burning. I read this little bit of information about 2 minutes before tossing them on the grill. Oops. 

Turned out great though! I think it really helps to keep all your ingredients about the same size, particularly the chicken and tomatoes. The last thing you need is burned tomatoes and undercooked chicken. Blech.

What are your tips and tricks for the perfect kebab? Favorite ingredient? Let me know!

Oh and there's still 2 days left to enter the give away!

2 comments:

  1. When I do kebabs, I save the left over marinade and when turning the kebabs on the gril, I'll keep reapplying the marinade to keep things extra juicy and tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I'll have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...