Sunday, August 8, 2010

DIY: Sukie Iron-Ons

I love, love, LOVE this book of iron-ons. My parents got it for me last Christmas and it's taken all I've got not to iron a little something on everything I own. It's probably that very reason I've never been given a bedazzler...you know my house would look like a disco ball had thrown up on it.

This little book is filled with hundreds of iron-ons, ranging from delicate flowers, folksy deer, cute skylines, and my favorite...

LETTERS! A good font just makes my day. I love typography, that's a thing right? And aren't these letters and symbols just perfect? By the way, the letters are backwards because they haven't been ironed on yet...it took me awhile to figure it out, but I'm sure you knew already. Wink! You can buy this awesome book here.

Here's a little somethin' somethin' I made with it...

It's our new mail sorter! It's a hanging wall basket from Ikea. You can get it for $20 and customize to your hearts content! I think the picture pretty much tells you what we use ours for. In fact, most of my Etsy packing paper comes from the "junk pouch." But you really could use it for a ton of other things. Scarves, hats and gloves in winter? You could personalize it for each person in your family, or it would be great for sorting roommates mail. It's really whatever you want it to be! And if you happen to try it, be sure and send me a picture of it so I can brag on you!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, yay!! I'm excited, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i love sukie, /and/ i just discovered it today! this is like fate; i'm visiting a friend in brooklyn and we went to a store and i found wrapping paper designed by sukie! thanks for sharing these lovelies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't their designs AMAZING!? So glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...