Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Get a Tan!

This is my new favorite bargain/hoard inducer.

Did you know the 99¢ Only Store is selling Banana Boat Adjustable Color Self-Tanner. I thought it was a pretty good deal, because usually it's like $7-$10 a bottle when you get it at Target. For those of us who are pigmently challenged that's a lot of money we could be spending on bronzer and sunscreen, so of course I tossed a bottle in my basket.

I had to question it though...while I love the 99¢ Only Store, I always have the nagging feeling they're only selling the stuff that came out wrong or is past its due date. With 99¢ self-tanner, I instantly had flashbacks of middle school where my attempts at self-tanner ended up looking more Oompa Loompa-esque than stunning surfer girl.

In college I discovered I could mix the tanner with lotion to get a more natural look. Now nearly every skin care line has something similar, and with this particular one you can adjust it based on how much color you want/need. Pretty cool huh?

Like I said, I was a little leery of only paying 99¢ for a tan, but the results are great! I use it a few times a week on my legs and arms. I have since gone back for more and I now have 4 bottles under my sink. Like I said, hoard-inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...